Wednesday 28 September 2011

Beating the heat

Ye gods it's hot. Hotter than most days we had this summer, and isn't it supposed to be nearly October? I am not ready for this! I was in cardigan mode! I'm knitting a scarf and making Christmas cards! On the plus side, it means I get to wear my swishy extra-extra-wide palazzo trousers again. And the oven gloves I washed yesterday have dried in double-quick time.

In other news, we found weevils in all our bags of flour last night, which means we have to chuck all the open stuff on our shelves, clean clean clean, get some storage jars for flour etc. and hope the little buggers don't come back. Urrrrgh. I am horrified. At least it apparently has nothing to do with whether your kitchen is clean or dirty - not that our kitchen is especially clean, it's just nice to know I didn't bring this upon myself.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the heat, too, because I get to keep my summer clobber on. Eeeuch about the weevils! Hope you managed to get them all.

    ReplyDelete