Monday 11 July 2011

No fighting, no biting

Hm. The Bat is starting to bite when she gets frustrated. (In related news, her first molar is coming through! Hooray!) She's only nipped me a couple of times, more often it's something she's holding or even her clothes. I'm just not looking forward to the day she chomps down on another child - although to be fair, she's spectacularly chilled out around other toddlers and never seems to object to anything they do, so it's hard to picture her getting angry enough to bite. A couple of weeks ago, one of the kids at PEEP rooted both fists in Bat's hair and started shaking her head up and down. His mum flew over to stop him, but the Bat didn't make a peep, just looked bewildered.

We're at a stage where she thinks our efforts to correct her are just a game, so though I am talking to her about the biting, it's unlikely to sink in for a while. I know I shouldn't wish her babyhood away, but sometimes I really look forward to the day she can understand explanations.

No comments:

Post a Comment